Becoming a Volunteer
TIN welcomes new volunteers to our Community Nursery at 119 Kalaroo road, Belmont State Wetlands Park, Belmont.
We are open for volunteering activities Monday to Wednesday from 8 am till 12 pm.
To become a volunteer it is recommended that you become a member of TIN. TIN Membership form provides a summary of Trees In Newcastle’s mission and purpose under which all volunteers give their time. Membership is free for Volunteers.
The second stage of volunteering is to attend an interview & induction session. These occur as required.
Please contact the office to find out when the next session is being held.
In the Nursery
8.00 am –12 pm Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday
Suits those with moderate fitness who don’t mind getting their hands dirty. Tasks include:
- seed processing, cleaning, sorting, storing
- quality control of plant stock i.e. blocking up, removing dead material, trimming
- loading and unloading nursery stock
- assisting with plant orders
- record keeping and labelling of plants
- seed processing and storage
- tool maintenance
- handyman projects
From time to time there may be projects in the community.
Enquiries & Bookings:
To join us
Join our facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/TreesInNewcastle/